Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't let the ease of this recipe fool you, it's *SO* good! I have made it many times, it's the perfect summertime salad and one you will be making all year round if you are lucky enough to find fresh strawberries --- full fat mayo may be used :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1⁄2 cups seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup honey roasted sunflower seeds, divided
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise, plus
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4-1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar (or (to taste)
- In a glass bowl, toss together the florets, slices strawberries, halved grapes and HALF of the sunflower seeds; toss to combine.
- In another small bowl, mix/whisk together mayo, vinegar and sugar to combine (adjust the sugar to suit taste).
- Stir the dressing into the salad and toss to combine.
- Chill, covered until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining sunflower seeds.
I was very unsure about this odd mix of ingredients but was looking for something a bit kid friendly to do with broccoli and stumbled on this recipe. WONDERFUL! My husband looked into the bowl that was chilling and rolled his eyes. Next thing I knew he was knee deep in it and had to be reprimanded to ensure there was enough for dinner. The kids enjoyed this. They still didn't really eat the broccoli but loved the grapes and strawberries this way. I didn't have sunflower seeds but had some crushed pecans that I added. Was a great addition. I will definitely make this again. We're not a very sauce type of family so I may try to reduce the mayo a bit as well. Excellent! Highly recommend!
I could just eat this and eat this. There is not stopping me now! What a delicious refreshing salad, with lots of fiber and nutrition. What a great mix of flavors we have here!
I was unsure of the combination of ingrediants but I have tried a couple of other Kittencal recipes and been pleased so figured I would give this one a try. Turns out Kittencal is right. This is easy and delicious. Did not have sunflower seeds so used toasted almonds and while this was a good substitution I do believe the sunflower seeds would have been even better! Was still good the next day too although a little pink tinted from the strawberries. Very good summer side dish that I will eat often this summer. Thanks so much for posting it!