Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Some people might think this is even better than pumpkin pie lol! You can cut the sugar back a couple of tablespoons. Serve this with my Really Easy and Good Caramel sauce#78088, or with whipped cream, this is so good! Prep time does not include slicing the bread into cubes.
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (you can use evaporated milk also of use 1 cup each)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4-1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 10 -12 cups French bread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes) or 10 -12 cups egg bread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- whipped cream
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together first 7 ingredients to combine.
- Fold in bread cubes and raisins.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes for the bread to absorb the mixture.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with lots of whipped cream, or caramel topping.
Mmmmm, thanks Kittencal! Fabulous with your Caramel Sauce!! I had a small amount of pumpkin to use up so I made half a recipe and baked it in a glass loaf pan. Worked perfectly. The only trouble is that I only made half a recipe and now I want more! ;)
As always, another yummy Kittencalskitchen recipe! I increased the number of eggs to 6 and just used the pumpkin pie spice rather than adding extra cinnamon. Set up beautifully and tasted delicious! We served ours with homemade vanilla icecream. Thanks for another winner, Kitten!
thanks for this recipe, I don't normally like pumkin anything and this was just fantastic...my family loved it and it sure is a keeper...will pass along to others so that they can enjoy it as much as we all did...made it with the easy carmel sauce Recipe #78088 which I could have ate with a spoon, thanks again Kittencal..again another sure winner.