Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Some people might think this is even better than pumpkin pie lol! You can cut the sugar back a couple of tablespoons. Serve this with my Really Easy and Good Caramel sauce#78088, or with whipped cream, this is so good! Prep time does not include slicing the bread into cubes.
Top Review by Maven in the Making
Mmmmm, thanks Kittencal! Fabulous with your Caramel Sauce!! I had a small amount of pumpkin to use up so I made half a recipe and baked it in a glass loaf pan. Worked perfectly. The only trouble is that I only made half a recipe and now I want more! ;)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (you can use evaporated milk also of use 1 cup each)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4-1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 10 -12 cups French bread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes) or 10 -12 cups egg bread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together first 7 ingredients to combine.
- Fold in bread cubes and raisins.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes for the bread to absorb the mixture.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with lots of whipped cream, or caramel topping.