Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Serve these with fries or mashed taters. I plan on trying this also with prime rib bones or a roast yummmmmm! You can just use 1 can of pineapple tidbits if desired, using two cans will make a sweeter sauce.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 4 lbs short rib of beef
- 2 onions, cut in half then sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks (reserve the syrup from ONE can only)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a heavy ovenproof pot over medium-high heat.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper then brown in oil on all sides (this should take about 12-15 minutes).
- Leave the ribs in the pot and add in the sliced onions and garlic with the reserved syrup from ONE can; stir with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the broth, chili sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce; stir with wooden spoon to coat the ribs.
- Add in the one or two cans of pineapple tidbits; mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover the pot and place in the oven to cook for about 1 hour.
- Uncover the pot and continue cooking for about 1 more hour or until the meat is tender.