2 hrs 20 mins
Serve these with fries or mashed taters. I plan on trying this also with prime rib bones or a roast yummmmmm! You can just use 1 can of pineapple tidbits if desired, using two cans will make a sweeter sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 4 lbs short rib of beef
- 2 onions, cut in half then sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks (reserve the syrup from ONE can only)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2-3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy ovenproof pot over medium-high heat.
- 3Season the short ribs with salt and pepper then brown in oil on all sides (this should take about 12-15 minutes).
- 4Leave the ribs in the pot and add in the sliced onions and garlic with the reserved syrup from ONE can; stir with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- 5Add in the broth, chili sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce; stir with wooden spoon to coat the ribs.
- 6Add in the one or two cans of pineapple tidbits; mix to combine.
- 7Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Cover the pot and place in the oven to cook for about 1 hour.
- 9Uncover the pot and continue cooking for about 1 more hour or until the meat is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Delicious Pineapple Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (807 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2803.0
- Calories from Fat 2162
- Total Fat 240.2 g
- Saturated Fat 98.4 g
- Cholesterol 463.9 mg
- Sodium 1760.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 50.6 g
- Protein 94.1 g