Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A super easy and great way to make Mexican-style rice.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Coat bottom of large nonstick skillet with oil and add rice. Saute rice on medium high heat until it turns opaque.
- Add picante sauce/salsa, broth, cumin, and taco seasoning.
- Turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, depending on the rice.
- Uncover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Made this to go with some burritos I'd made & it was a very nice side! Prepared it with some homemade chicken broth & it was delicious! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]