A sweet and satisfying snack or dessert,and low caloire too! My step mom brought them to a family dinner, they were a hit!
- Preheat oven to 225f.
- Beat egg whites in a metal bowl with a hand-held beater or a mixmaster untill foamy. Add vanilla and cream of tartar.
- Continue to beat, and add sugar one tsp at a time.
- Beat untill it forms stiff peaks.
- Put meringue into a thin square bag, and cut a SMALL hole in a bottom corner of the bag, so the meringue will come out in a string about the size of a thick pencil.
- On a cookie sheet lined with pachment paper squeeze from outside in, making a spiral, then make a peak in the middle. The meringue should be about 1 inch in diameter. You will probably need a second cookie sheet.
- bake for one hour, or untill tops are golden brown.