Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you are a corn lover, then this is a easy recipe you should try, it goes great along side of anything, and is very simple to prepare. Try this recipe using fresh cooked corn removed from the cob...soooooo good, throw in some grated cheddar cheese too! Double the recipe if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar (more or less to suit taste)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 (16 ounce) cans canned corn niblets, drained
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt for this)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 1-1/2-quart - 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a sauce pan or in the microwave, melt butter, then add in all remanining ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- If desired throw in about 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese to mixture.
What a great, delicious, and easy side dish. I tried this when I was looking for something easy that would impress and was different from the everyday, and couldn't have been more pleased with the results. I've also topped it with some crushed crackers after baking it for about 5-10 minutes for a crunchy topping, and just loved it. Thank you for posting this recipe, It's made many a simple dinner special.
Very easy and very good!
I made this to go with our Sunday roast dinner ~ Along with potatoes and tossed green salad the corn made a nice tasty side dish. It turned out pretty and golden with a texture about halfway between Niblets and cornbread casserole. And it was still great warmed up the next day ~ Thanks Kitten!