Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe originally came from Pastor Tom Brown, but i edited some ingredients for the sake of simplicity. I made this soup for a dinner party and everyone loved it! In my opinion it rivals in quality to my favorite tortilla soup which is made at Casa Guiardos. This recipie makes a lot, but it stays good if stored properly. Dont worry, this recipe is more simple to make than it looks like at a glance. Enjoy
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut up small
- 16 ounces red and green peppers
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- In blender combine undrained tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Cover and blend till nearly smooth.
- Put mixture into a large pot with chicken broth, chicken and drained peppers.
- Bring to boiling; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with crunched tortilla chips in a bowl with cheese and sour cream .