Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This mole tastes like it took hours to prepare, but there are some great shortcuts to make it a snap! Find the mole sauce and Mexican hot chocolate in the Mexican food aisle of your grocery store.
- 1 cup prepared mole, poblano sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 -6 cups chicken stock (add enough to make consistency of thick gravy)
- 2 ounces mexican hot cocoa
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 lbs roasting chickens, stewed, skin and bones removed
- 6 -10 flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Add ½ jar of mole’ sauce. Whisk as it browns lightly.
- Add tomato paste and whisk while adding chicken stock until thick gravy consistency.
- Add peanut butter and brown sugar (2-4 T, to taste), stirring constantly.
- Add cinnamon stick and simmer about 1 and 1/2 hours to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add chocolate (comes in blocks), let melt and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add stewed chicken, serve hot in flour tortillas.