1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Spit In Soup's Note:
This mole tastes like it took hours to prepare, but there are some great shortcuts to make it a snap! Find the mole sauce and Mexican hot chocolate in the Mexican food aisle of your grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup prepared mole, poblano sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 -6 cups chicken stock (add enough to make consistency of thick gravy)
- 2 ounces mexican hot cocoa
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 lbs roasting chickens, stewed, skin and bones removed
- 6 -10 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Add ½ jar of mole’ sauce. Whisk as it browns lightly.
- 2Add tomato paste and whisk while adding chicken stock until thick gravy consistency.
- 3Add peanut butter and brown sugar (2-4 T, to taste), stirring constantly.
- 4Add cinnamon stick and simmer about 1 and 1/2 hours to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add chocolate (comes in blocks), let melt and stir.
- 6Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Add stewed chicken, serve hot in flour tortillas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Delicious Chicken Mole
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.4
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 774.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: