1/3 Photos of Easy and Delicious Chicken Francese
Lightly breaded chicken cutlets in a lemon buttery sauce. A delicious Italian American dish that's full of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken cutlets, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons goya light adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Clean Chicken:.
- 2Soak Chicken cutlets in white vinegar and water. Let sit for a few minutes, rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Place the flour in a bowl, and season with 1 tbs. Adobo, 1 teaspoons oregano, and black pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- 4Beat eggs in a bowl, season with 1 tbs. Adobo, and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- 5Roll butter in flour mixture, set aside.
- 6In a large deep skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. While oil is heating, using a pair of tongs dip chicken in seasoned egg wash (shake off excess egg wash), then dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour (shake off excess flour).
- 7Add chicken to the hot skillet and cook 3 minutes per side. (Do this in two batches). Transfer cooked chicken to a serving platter.
- 8Add chicken stock to the pan, with a wooden spoon scrape all of the browned bits up from the bottom of the pan. Add the lemon juice, and simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- 9Add the butter (rolled in flour) into the sauce. Stir to incorporate and dissolve the flour. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. At this point taste the sauce for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- 10Pour the sauce over the chicken cutlets, and garnish with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Delicious Chicken Francese
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.5 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: