Recipe by deenaskowronski
This is my grandmother's recipe that my Mom taught me how to make. It's insanely easy to make and perfect for a fall or winter day. Hearty, HEALTHY, and delicious - even if you don't like cabbage, this will be one of your favorites!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 4 (58 ounce) cans beef broth
- 4 (58 ounce) cans water
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic, onion, and celery.
- In a large stock pot, sauté minced garlic, onion and celery in olive oil.
- Add beef broth, water, diced tomatoess, and tomato paste to the pot.
- Break up ground beef (uncooked) and add to the pot.
- Chop up cabbage into 1-2 inch squares and add to the pot.
- Season with ground pepper, garlic salt, and onion salt to taste.