Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is sort of like a beef burgundy recipe, only it doesn't use any wine. It is very fast and simple to throw together and turns out to be a delicous dinner. The 2 hour simmering time gives you enough time to get something else done around the house, and the balsamic vinegar makes the meat turn out very tender without simmering in a crock pot all day. I served it over mashed red potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot or saucepan and stir together.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, boiled potatoes, or rice.
Good easy meal. Nothing exeptional but something to keep.