Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from a Home Cooking magazine. I make it quite often for dinner, it's a great side dish, very light and fluffy.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A quick, easy and yummy recipe which I know I'll be making again - often. And with KITTENCAL's recipes, I never have to increase the garlic! I made this almost exactly to the recipe. I omitted the dash of hot pepper sauce (personal taste preference) and added 2 cups of roughly chopped mushrooms in step 4, and a teaspoon of dried thyme in step 5. Thank you, KITTENCAL, for sharing another great recipe. Creamy, flavoursome and because I used low-fat cottage cheese and sour cream, a reasonably healthy everyday dish.
- 4 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- seasoning salt and pepper (or use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed (optional or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dill seed (or to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch casserole dish (or you can use a large dish).
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water; drain and transfer to a large bowl then toss with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Combine cooked noodles, onion/garlic mixture, cottage cheese, sour cream, worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper, poppy seeds and dill.
- Transfer into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika then Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until done.