Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
We had a dish similar to this served on a lunch buffet when we stayed at High Hampton Inn, a resort Inn in High Hampton, N.C. which is "next door" to Cashiers, N.C.. YUMMY!!! I worked up this recipe and we have since made and enjoyed this dish many times.
- 2 -6 zucchini (1-1 1/2 per person)
- garlic powder, for sprinkling
- table salt (to taste)
- paprika, for sprinkling
- butter, patties
- bacon, of choice
- grated fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and gently scrape medium size zucchini-- 1 or 1 1/2 zucchini per person.
- Split them in half lengthwise.
- Lay zucchini halves side by side in a baking dish or pan with the split sides up.
- Sprinkle each half liberally with garlic POWDER.
- Sprinkle also, to taste, with table salt and paprika.
- Place 4 or 5 pats of Butter on each piece (You COULD use a Spray like Mazola instead) OR Lay a strip of good smoked bacon lengthwise on top of each half.
- Can Serve with: Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese (optional).
- Place baking dish in center of oven and bake until zucchini is fork tender (15 to 30 minutes, depending on size and amount of zucchini.) If crisp bacon is desired, you may want to broil them a couple of minutes before removing from the oven.
- If just using Butter on top, you might like to sprinkle with grated FRESH Parmesan Cheese just before serving, or serve cheese on the table to add if or as desired.
- SERVE HOT AND ENJOY!