Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy boneless chicken recipe that calls for basic ingredients. It's easy to make for the family on a busy night. Serve with rice and a salad for an easy dinner. Prep time is just crushing the garlic! Feel free to add herbs or anything else that you would like.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown the salted chicken pieces in oil. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Crush garlic cloves and scatter over the chicken add the broth. Turn heat to low. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove cover, add salt and red pepper flakes. Add water and simmer over low heat until water is cooked off.
she says to add water but doesn't say how much<br/>so you are flying blind here
Ooh I get to be first!! Excellent recipe! The only change I made was to turn the heat up to hurry dinner along. ;) The chicken was so tender & cooked through perfectly. Definitely the way to do it! I think pork chops would do well using this method, too. The flavor of garlic & crushed red pepper was delicious with neither being overwhelming. This was SO easy. Made for Ramadan Tag 2013 in the NA/ME Forum.