Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I just kind of threw together with stuff we had in the house one night. It ended up tasting sooooo good. You can serve it as a stew, or burrito filling, or quesadilla topper. It is also really healthy and filling. However, you have to have El Pinto Green Chili Sauce. No other substitution will make this recipe.
- 2 (16 ounce) jarsof el pinto green chili sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (your personal favorite will work)
- 1 (5 lb) bag chicken breasts, frozen (5 oz. sandwich portions, about 12 per bag)
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- flour tortilla
- shredded cheddar cheese or shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Defrost Chicken.
- Season with cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brush or spray with olive oil.
- Prepare grill for chicken.
- Pour green chili sauce and enchilada sauce into pot. Heat on medium-low.
- Grill chicken.
- Cut grilled chicken into 1/2 inch - 1 inch pieces.
- Put in pot with sauce.
- Heat all through.
- Serve in bowls as a stew. Garnish with shredded cheese and serve w/ tortillas. Or use as a sloppy burrito filling. Or inside or on top of a cheese quesadilla. Very yummy!