Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This rice is like the real risotto, but takes much less time to prepare, if you prefer it more cheesy taste then add in more Parmesan cheese, I advise that you really be careful when adding the salt as the Parmesan already has a lot of salt content, but load up on freshly ground black pepper, this rice will become a favorite of yours, it is so good --- this is not a recipe for a fluffy rice, it is more on the creamy style similar to risotto, I most always add about 1 heaping tablespoon of minced fresh garlic in with the chopped onion but that is optional, really you can add in whatever you like to this, I have even added in peas :)
Top Review by Teriffic
I am giving this a 5 BUT I did change the water to wine (miraculous lol) Perfect portion for 4 NO left overs in this house. I think I will double it next time so there are some left over. So good!!
- 3 tablespoons butter (no subs please!)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup short grain arborio rice
- 1 (14 ounce) cangood quality chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped onion and fresh garlic (if using); saute for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add in the rice; cook/stir for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is tender.