Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This rice is like the real risotto, but takes much less time to prepare, if you prefer it more cheesy taste then add in more Parmesan cheese, I advise that you really be careful when adding the salt as the Parmesan already has a lot of salt content, but load up on freshly ground black pepper, this rice will become a favorite of yours, it is so good --- this is not a recipe for a fluffy rice, it is more on the creamy style similar to risotto, I most always add about 1 heaping tablespoon of minced fresh garlic in with the chopped onion but that is optional, really you can add in whatever you like to this, I have even added in peas :)
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped onion and fresh garlic (if using); saute for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add in the rice; cook/stir for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is tender.
I am giving this a 5 BUT I did change the water to wine (miraculous lol) Perfect portion for 4 NO left overs in this house. I think I will double it next time so there are some left over. So good!!
I'm quickly becoming a fan of Kittencal! This is a great and easy recipe. I only use 1 pat of butter, and don't add any salt (plenty of salt from the chicken broth). I've used grated parmesan cheese from a bottle, freshly grated parmesan, and most recently, freshly grated asiago cheese. All delish, all came out great! Thanks for another fantastic recipe!
All I can say is delicious!! This recipe was so easy and very yummy. I forgot to add the italian seasonings, but it was still fantastic. I served with a crockpot pot roast and the juices over this risotto were divine. My only regret was that I didn't make more. Thanks for the recipe!