Recipe by ladypit
I wanted cornbread for dinner and was having a hard time finding a good low fat recipe. Many included corn kernels and my family won't eat that in cornbread! I came across this one in a Weight Watchers cookbook, though this recipe was listed in order for you to make it to use in cornbread stuffing. Therefore I was worried that it would not be good to eat on its own. But it was tasty! And it does not have the funny consistency that some fat free baked goods do. It makes 12 servings and each serving is only 2 WW points!
Top Review by DearDonnaVT
It needs some work....I'm adding 1/2 cup of creamed corn, or put 1/2 of canned corn in a processor and blend it. Then I'm adding 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tbs liquid Olivio pump spray to the mix. It should improve the "corn" flavor and add more of a palette pleasing taste.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray an 8x8 (or 9x9) inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk and the egg whites, stirring just until combined.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.