Yellow cake mix can be subbed for the white but do not use the pudding added in mix. I make these layer cakes to top with fresh sliced strawberries, drizzled with strawberry glaze and then topped with fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream, sooooo yummy, of coarse you can layer with just about anything you wish, these cakes are soooo good and so moist! This makes four thinner 8-inch round cakes, I just freeze two of them for next time, they freeze well for up to 1 month if wrapped in foil and then stored in a freezer bag.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease four 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a bowl beat all ingredients on low speed for about 1 minute, then increase the speed and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer and divide the batter between the cake pans.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until cakes tests done.
- Cool in pans on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Fill as desired.