Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is done in a flash, simple and easy for a rushed weekday meal, but still very tasty.
- 1 1⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- Cook and dice your chicken, I like to cheat and use a bbq chicken from the supermarket, just removing the bones and skin.
- Make a soup in a jug with the soup mix and water, stirring well so there is no lumps.
- Brown the almonds in 2 tbsp of oil in a large frypan, remove from pan when browned.
- Fry the garlic, onion, celery, beans and mushrooms all together until cooked.
- Add the soup mix and the chicken.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice, sprinkled with the slivered almonds.
Very good, quick and easy to put together for a fast dinner. I used a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, no water, and about half of all the other ingredients, since I only wanted to make 2 servings. I could see lots of variations here: different meats, vegetables, soup mixes, etc. Would make again!