Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes 2 cakes. Can also by made in one 9-inch cake pan, extend cooking time to 35-40 minutes.
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preaheat oven to 350°F Spray 2 9-inch pie pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, butter, eggs, almond extract and salt. Divide batter evenly between two pans and sprinkle each with half the almonds. Bake until light brown around edges, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.