Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy fool proof bread that you can whip up and walk away for an hour. It's a version of my Mom's bread, but I prefer an all cranberry bread! Sorry Mom!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, finely grated orange peel, lemon peel, and orange juice all at once; carefully stir until the mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon and spread evenly into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
A wonderful and fruity bread that I made in my bread machine - and it worked perfectly as well! Made for the Spelling Bee Tag topic in the Photos Forum - thanks for a superb recipe! FT:-)
A Christmas tradition in my house. I make this bread for friends and family to give away as gifts. Wrapped in a nice dish towel,this bread is always enjoyed.