Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I can never seem to find an Alfredo sauce I like. FINALLY I did! It is very easy to make and uses ingredients that you typically have around the house.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese (half of a cream cheese block)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated or 3 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic salt, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in mozzarella or parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly; thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.
My son asked me to make him an alfredo sauce for pasta and I tried this one. I loved it and I don't like cream sauces. My hubby wants me to cut down on the cream cheese next time, he's not a big cream cheese lover so I'll adjust it for him but I like it just the way it is. Nice and easy thanks.