Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I stumbled across looking for a Cream Cheese free Alfredo. Its amazing on just about anything!!!!! I know its a big recipe this is actually half the recipe I have... I'm sure you could half it again if you need to. It stays good in the fridge for up to a week. I have never tried to freeze it...
- 2 cups butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 lb grated parmesan cheese
- In a sauce pan melt together butter, pepper, garlic and salt.
- Once the butter has melted add cream and milk. Stir frequently so it doesn't scald on the bottom. Bring that just to a boil but do not let it foam up.
- Once it boils add in flour and parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly with wire whip to break up any lumps. Bring to 185 degrees F and ENJOY!