This is an easy sauce to go over pasta, or chicken or both. It is very big on flavor and is not very time consuming to make.
- In a medium sized sauce pan sweat the crushed garlic cloves in the butter until light brown and fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and parsley to the garlic and butter, mix to combine. (It may take some time for the mixture to come together).
- Turn the heat to medium and reduce the cream by 1/3 to 1/2 depending on how thick you like the sauce.
- When the cream has reduced turn the heat down to medium low and add the cheese. Mix to combine, sauce will thicken substansually. (If you heat is too hot the cheese will break and you will have a grainy sauce.).
- Keep over medium low heat for 2-5 minutes until combined, serve over cooked pasta, chicken or use as a dipping sauce for freshly baked french bread.
Delicious alfredo sauce and very easy to make. Made Fettucine Alfredo and served with garlic bread. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
This is an excellent Alfredo sauce. Quick and easy to make :) I served it over Linguine, great side for my supper last night. Next time I might add 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper. A keeper recipe, thanks. *Made for Spring 2010 PAC*
Definitely easy, very delicious! Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.