Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves fettucine alfredo and I love artichokes, but I have very little time to make it from scratch. This is great to make if you have leftover chicken to serve it with. Also, you can buy all of the ingredients in advance and make it when you have time.
- 4 ounces fettuccine pasta (more or less if desired)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (or more)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans artichokes, hearts (or more)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 1 -2 crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cook fetticine in boiling water 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Meanwhile, drain artichokes hearts in a large colander and leave to drain (do not rinse).
- Warm up alfredo sauce in a large saucepan - add garlic and lemon pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- When alfredo sauce is cooked, drain over artichoke hearts - this will warm and cook artichoke hearts perfectly.
- Slightly rinse noodles and drain thoroughly.
- Add noodles and artichokes to the alfredo sauce and mix completely.
- Warm on stove for about 15 minutes.
- Optional: For added flavor and taste, add 1-2 cups chopped and cooked chicken to the mix.
- Serve warm.
Holy Smokes. Finally like artichokes! I'm lazy, so I bought the chicken already cooked and seasoned. This was very good. Be sure to buy a good brand of alfredo, because the second time I made it, I used a cheap kind and it wasn't as good.