Recipe by FarahC
This is a fast, creamy, thick sauce and tastes good.
Top Review by Chef Mommy #6
Yummy! This was delicious. I literally handed this to my just-turned 15yo and informed her this was what she was making Chicken Alfredo for supper. It came out really good. It's a keeper. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- optional extra milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.Whisk in 1/4 cup each of parmesan cheese, and flour. Cook about 2-3 minutes, be sure to stir all the while.
- Slowly whisk in the remaining 1/2 and 1/2 .
- Add in your garlic powder, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk slowly for about 3-5 minutes. If too thick thin out with milk.
- You can also add at the very end some spinach, or whatever you'd like to add more flavor. Serve over pasta of your choice or as a white pizza sauce.