Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
Baking winter squash cut side down in a small amount of water really makes it tender, and eliminates tough spots. This recipe came from a sticker on a squash I bought several years ago.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut squash in half and remove all seeds and strings. (Scrape the inside of the squash with the edge of a spoon).
- Place squash halves upside down in a shallow pan. Pour water in pan to a depth of 1/4 inch (may use more or less water depending upon size of pan used).
- Bake for 35 minutes. If any water remains, drain it off.
- Turn squash over. Sprinkle cut side of squash lightly with salt if desired. Mix together the marmalade and melted butter and spoon over cut side of squash pieces.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.