Cook1 hr 15 mins
Extremely delicious recipe and so easy to prepare. Has become a family favourite in our home!! Please note the amount of chilli can be adjusted depending on how hot you want it! This is just right for our palates.
- 800 g lean meat, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds (ground)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (cracked)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons garlic (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients except oil, onion and meat. Leave standing while you cook the onions.
- Heat oil in medium to large pot and add onions. Stir until onions are soft.
- Add vindaloo mix to pot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add meat and mix so that it is covered with the vindaloo mix. Add 1/2 C water.
- Simmer, covered, over low heat for about 1 1/4 hours or until meat is tender.