Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really easy queso. Just mix and melt everything together. You don't even drain the canned veggies. I like it particularly because it doesn't turn into wallpaper paste after it cools a bit.
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 10 ounces rotel (any variety)
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup (you won't taste it)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- Mix the last four ingredients together in a large, non-stick pot. I use my dutch oven.
- DO NOT DRAIN any of the veggies. Dump the liquid in along with everything else.
- Cube the velveeta and add to the canned ingredients.
- Cook over low heat until the velveeta melts.
- Stir often.
- This makes a lot! But, it warms up great in the microwave.
- Serve with chips or use to top enchiladas or even use in quesadillas.
- Variation: Try adding some spicy ground meat or canned chili (with or without beans). Add other veggies like black olives or onion, too.
Everyone raved about this Queso and couldn't believe how easy it is to make!!!! We couldn't stop eating it. Thanks so much, Jessica S, for sharing it with us. It's a keeper,