Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a 1999 Gourmet magazine that I've added to. It's a bit different than other PB cookie recipes here. These crispy and peanutty cookies never last long anywhere I've taken them.
- 1 cup peanut butter (regular or reduced fat works, as does creamy or crunchy, do not use other types)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into quarter-sized balls. Place on greased cookie sheet and flatten with fork. (They spread.)
- Bake 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Option: stir in 1/2 cup finely crushed unsalted peanuts to dough before baking. Makes 4 dozen.
and they won't last long around here either!! DH says they are the best peanut butter cookies he has ever had, loves'em!! So easy too. The only complaint I have is that I don't know how you would get 48 cookies from it , I only got 28 and they were not particulary big. Next time I will double the batch. They are very very good!! thanks for posting.
Shockingly chewy! So delicious! I was out of Vanilla so I used a tablespoon of Vanilla Ice Cream. I made it with crunchy peanut butter. In and out of the kitchen in 15 minutes. Highly recommend.
This recipe is a wonderful compromise between my husband and my gluten-free son. They both can eat and enjoy these cookies, which they do! No need for an electric mixer and one bowl is all that is needed. Thanks for a quick and extremely easy gluten free cookie!