Recipe by kavanaugh
This recipe is from a 1999 Gourmet magazine that I've added to. It's a bit different than other PB cookie recipes here. These crispy and peanutty cookies never last long anywhere I've taken them.
Top Review by Anonymous
Shockingly chewy! So delicious! I was out of Vanilla so I used a tablespoon of Vanilla Ice Cream. I made it with crunchy peanut butter. In and out of the kitchen in 15 minutes. Highly recommend.
- 1 cup peanut butter (regular or reduced fat works, as does creamy or crunchy, do not use other types)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into quarter-sized balls. Place on greased cookie sheet and flatten with fork. (They spread.)
- Bake 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Option: stir in 1/2 cup finely crushed unsalted peanuts to dough before baking. Makes 4 dozen.