Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and it is so delicious! The roast turns out so moist, tender, and flavorful with the perfect gravy to go with it. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Please give it a try!
- 3 -4 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray and place roast inside.
- Whisk together soup mix, gravy mix, and apple juice in a bowl and pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Wonderful flavor and you couldn't get much easier. I like that the simple recipe gives lots of room for tinkering - not that I've done any yet. Just had to add my review - I was shocked to see only one other review so far. This is a great I-don't-have-time-to-think recipe.
This is wonderful yet virtually effortless. Because of the brown gravy mix, the juices kind of thicken up on their own. The only thing I added was a few slices of onion. We enjoyed the meat over noodles. I know that I'll make this again! Thanx!