Recipe by The Spice Guru
My revised recipe for easier, meal-in-one chicken pot pies using Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Stew Blend, canned chicken gravy, canned chunk chicken breast, and refrigerated roll-out pie crust. NOTE: TWO 14 1/2 OZ. CANS CHICKEN GRAVY EQUALS 3 1/2 CUPS -- OR THREE 10 OZ. CANS. TWO 12 OZ. CANS CHUNK CHICKEN YIELDS ABOUT 3 CUPS. CANNED CHUNK TURKEY AND TURKEY GRAVY, OR CANNED BEEF CHUNKS AND BEEF GRAVY MAY BE SUBSTITUTED.
- 851.72 ml frozen vegetables (Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Stew Blend)
- 2 (986.56 g) can chicken gravy (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 (816.46 g) canchunk chicken breasts, in water
- 510.29 g packagerefrigerated roll-out pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: IF YOU USE DICED CHICKEN OTHER THAN CANNED CHICKEN IN BROTH -- YOU WILL NEED TO ADD AT LEAST 1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH OR EXTRA GRAVY!
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F; SELECT 5-6 ovenproof bowls or ramekins to hold 1 1/2 cups filling, leaving at least 1 inch space free below bowl rims.
- PLACE 3 cups Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Stew Blend frozen vegetables into a 2 1/2 quart pot (Note: If you like green beans and/or corn in your pot pie you can replace a portion of the stew blend with these); COVER with 2 inches hot water; HEAT to boiling; BOIL 2-3 minutes.
- QUICKLY drain, then return vegetables to pot; ADD the chicken gravy (scrape cans using a flexible spatula).
- FOLD in the canned chicken including the liquid, until just blended (don't over-stir to keep the chicken in perfect chunks!).
- UNROLL pie dough and place one segment on a floured surface; PLACE inverted bakeware bowls or ramekins over dough; TRACE a knife around edge of bowls to cut circles; REPEAT with remaining dough to yield 6 even circular crusts (re-roll dough scraps if necessary).
- ARRANGE bowls on baking sheets; SPRAY bowl interiors with non-stick cooking spray; POUR 1 1/2 cups filling into bowls, distributing evenly.
- PLACE then press dough circles over filling to cover, levelly to the edges of baking dish (see photo); SPRAY dough crust tops well with non-stick cooking spray for even browning; CUT slits around the center of each prepared pastry to vent.
- BAKE 30 minutes on center rack -- or until golden brown (NOTE: For an enhanced golden color, spray crusts again with non-stick cooking spray during the final 10 minutes of baking). ALLOW pies to cool slightly before serving.
- SERVE and enjoy.