1/1 Photo of Easy 4-Ingredient Chicken Pot Pies
The Spice Guru's Note:
My revised recipe for easier, meal-in-one chicken pot pies using Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Stew Blend, canned chicken gravy, canned chunk chicken breast, and refrigerated roll-out pie crust. NOTE: TWO 14 1/2 OZ. CANS CHICKEN GRAVY EQUALS 3 1/2 CUPS -- OR THREE 10 OZ. CANS. TWO 12 OZ. CANS CHUNK CHICKEN YIELDS ABOUT 3 CUPS. CANNED CHUNK TURKEY AND TURKEY GRAVY, OR CANNED BEEF CHUNKS AND BEEF GRAVY MAY BE SUBSTITUTED.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups frozen vegetables (Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Stew Blend)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken gravy (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chunk chicken breasts, in water
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated roll-out pie crusts
- 1NOTE: IF YOU USE DICED CHICKEN OTHER THAN CANNED CHICKEN IN BROTH -- YOU WILL NEED TO ADD AT LEAST 1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH OR EXTRA GRAVY!
- 2PREHEAT oven to 425°F; SELECT 5-6 ovenproof bowls or ramekins to hold 1 1/2 cups filling, leaving at least 1 inch space free below bowl rims.
- 3PLACE 3 cups Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Stew Blend frozen vegetables into a 2 1/2 quart pot (Note: If you like green beans and/or corn in your pot pie you can replace a portion of the stew blend with these); COVER with 2 inches hot water; HEAT to boiling; BOIL 2-3 minutes.
- 4QUICKLY drain, then return vegetables to pot; ADD the chicken gravy (scrape cans using a flexible spatula).
- 5FOLD in the canned chicken including the liquid, until just blended (don't over-stir to keep the chicken in perfect chunks!).
- 6UNROLL pie dough and place one segment on a floured surface; PLACE inverted bakeware bowls or ramekins over dough; TRACE a knife around edge of bowls to cut circles; REPEAT with remaining dough to yield 6 even circular crusts (re-roll dough scraps if necessary).
- 7ARRANGE bowls on baking sheets; SPRAY bowl interiors with non-stick cooking spray; POUR 1 1/2 cups filling into bowls, distributing evenly.
- 8PLACE then press dough circles over filling to cover, levelly to the edges of baking dish (see photo); SPRAY dough crust tops well with non-stick cooking spray for even browning; CUT slits around the center of each prepared pastry to vent.
- 9BAKE 30 minutes on center rack -- or until golden brown (NOTE: For an enhanced golden color, spray crusts again with non-stick cooking spray during the final 10 minutes of baking). ALLOW pies to cool slightly before serving.
- 10SERVE and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy 4-Ingredient Chicken Pot Pies
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.6
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 1227.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: