Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Macaroni Salad that will --never-- last long enough to throw out...it all, always gets eaten...or taken home by friends or relatives...always requested at all functions...even Thanksgiving! They make me make it...even though I try to tell everyone it's better for bbq's! :)) So easy to make, 3 steps...you stir in 3 things, dump in the next 3 things, and cut up the last 3 things...you'll never forget what you need at the store...think in 3's...:) I never measure...add ingredients to taste...more or less mayo & mustard, celery salt, relish, celery or onions...I don't add regular salt, or pepper, until I eat it, and let everyone add it to their own liking. I really think the celery salt is what makes it so tasty...:)
- 1 (16 ounce) package salad macaroni, cooked al dente (if you use a 2 pound bag salad macaroni, it doubles easily)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 3⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives, wedges
- 3 -4 stalks celery
- 3 -4 green onions
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- Cool the macaroni in cold water, let drain for a few minutes.
- (1.) Stir in the mayonaise, mustard, and celery salt.
- (2.) Dump in the relish, undrained pimentos, & drained olives, stir.
- (3.) Cut up the celery & onions, stir them into the salad.
- Last, cut up the eggs, add them to the salad.
- If you can make this 4-8 hours ahead, or the day before, it 'settles' the flavors together deliciously!
I can verify that we make lil sis take this to every function, including Thanksgiving! There is never any leftovers! Thank you for posting.