Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
From "The Best of Cooking with 3 Ingredients" by Ruthie Wornall
- 1 ounce envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 -5 lbs pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, place a large piece of foil.
- Sprinkle the dry onion soup into the middle of the foil.
- Place the roast on top of the soup mix and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
- Fold the foil and seal it, making sure to fold the ends.
- Bake roast at 300 degrees for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until done.
OMG!!!! How does this not have more reviews?! It just doesn't get any easier or better than this! We used fresh rosemary, but other than that followed the recipe. I will probably never make a pork tenderloin any other way! I was nervous about not adding any liquid...but the other reviewers were right! None needed! There was so much juice when it was done! I made gravy by thickening the juices first with about 2 tsp cornstarch mixed into tablespoon of water. It was kind of salty and I wanted more gravy anyways to go with our mashed potatoes, so I added about 3/4 of a cup of milk and another 2 tsp cornstarch mixed into a tblsp of water...let it boil until it was thickened...and it was PERFECT!! I cannot get over how tender the meat turned out--it just fell apart and flaked so easily! I may do this method with just salt and pepper in the future to use with some BBQ sauce to make BBQ pork. Have no doubts...try this recipe! You will love it!!!!
Hey! I just wanted to give an up date. I made this again but with Lipton's mushroom onion soup mix and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! I waited the four hours like in the recipe. still well worth the wait!
so good, so easy!