Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
This is a real easy delightful fruit cake that uses only 3 ingredients. Recommended by the Australian Heart Foundation.
- 1 kg mixed dried fruit
- 2 (420 ml) cans apricot nectar
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 1. Place mixed fruit in a large bowl.
- 2. Add two cans of apricot nectar.
- 3. Mix gently. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
- 4. Add 4 cups of sifted self raising flour.
- 5. Mix well and pour into greased large square cake tin.
- 6. Place in a pre heated oven. 160 C for 110 minutes.
- 7. Test cake occasionally with a skewer towards end of cooking time.
- 8. Do not over bake as it can dry out cake.
- 9. When skewer comes out clean, remove cake from oven and let cool in tin.
- 10. Turn out on cooling rack.
- You can make your own variety of dried fruit.
- Apricot nectar can be substituted. Pineapple juice or pear juice is excellent.
- Cake freezes well.