1/1 Photo of Easy 20 Minute Potato Soup
I love soup, and potato is definitely way up there on my list of favorites. Nothing really beats my homemade soups, but this is a very tasty and great alternative when you are short on time and want something hot, filling and comforting. I serve this with rolls, or sometimes with turkey club sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (with peppers & onions if you desire)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes (if you do not use hash browns with onions)
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth (use vegetable stock for a vegetarian version)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 1Heat oil in a large pot and add hash browns, seasonings and onion flakes.
- 2Cook the hash browns until lightly browned.
- 3Whisk some of the chicken broth with the gravy mix in a bowl and slowly add to the pot.
- 4Add the remaining chicken broth to the pot.
- 5Mix gently and bring to a rolling boil over med-high heat.
- 6Lower the heat to simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until thickened and hot throughout. (Optionally you can move the soup to your crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours).
- 7Top with shredded cheese and bacon bits, if you wish.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy 20 Minute Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 965.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: