There is no substitute for real homemade soup, or is there? As it turns out, this is a fast, easy and super tasty bowl of soup. I came up with this idea when I decided to "change up" my regular 20 minute potato soup - we were very happy with the results. Our D&D group devours this stuff! You can use milder sausage if you like, but the hot stuff sure makes it pop!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (with peppers & onions if you desire)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (leave this out if your sausage is salty)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes (if you do not use hash browns with onions)
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 1Add sausage to a hot pan and break it up to crumble it as you cook it.
- 2When the sausage is no longer pink, add the hash browns, seasonings and onion flakes. Cook the hash browns until they are slightly soft.
- 3Wisk some of the chicken broth with the gravy mix in a bowl and slowly add to the pot.
- 4Add the remaining chicken broth to the pot.
- 5Mix gently and bring to a rolling boil over med-high heat.
- 6Lower the heat to simmer and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until hot all the way through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy 20 Minute Hot Sausage and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 1378.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: