Recipe by Nat Da Brat
This is a complete meal, in one dish. The leftovers are easily transformed into a 2nd meal.
Top Review by Braunda
Hey this was really good. I had almost everything I needed. I went to the cornor store that sold hot dogs and took a small cup from home they gave the Tablespoon of sweet relish. It had lots of good flavor and family ate the rest of it when they got here as we made that nights meal. Thank You
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 6 saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato juice
On the side
- 5 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 carrots, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- crush crackers.
- beat egg.
- combine all meat loaf ingredients.
- mould into a log shape.
- place into a deep oblong roasting pan (with lid).
- Surround meat loaf with patatoes and carrots.
- cover with 1 can of tomato soup and all of tomato juice.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove lid.
- add second can of tomato soup, directly on top of meat loaf.
- Return to oven, without lid, and bake another 1/2 hour.
- The next day, I make a second meal of the leftovers, by cutting up meat in chunks (leave meat,patatoes and carrots in the sauce) and serve over rice or pasta.
- OPTION: I sometimes add a handful (1/4 cup) of basmati rice to the mixture before cooking.