Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe that is simple and delicious! The base consists of using a box cake mix, so it's easy and saves on time. I did not include the 4 hour refrigeration time in the "prep time". I suggest making the cake before bed and assembling the rest in the morning. I use fresh blueberries, but if they are hard to find, well drained frozen blueberries should taste just as well.
- 1 (18 ounce) package French vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- berry blue gelatin mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 2 white chocolate baking squares
- 1 -2 drop blue food coloring
- Bake two 9" round cakes in preheated oven as directed on package.
- When done, loosen edges with knife and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 cup of water to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the jello, then add the 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Poke cakes several times with fork and evenly pour the jello mix over the top of both cakes.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- When cake is ready to be frosted, combine the sour cream and the powdered sugar, mix well and then gently mix in the cool whip.
- Dip bottoms of cake pans into warm water for 10-15 seconds, and remove cakes.
- Set one cake down on serving tray and add about 1 cup of the frosting, carefully spread over the top.
- Add a layer of blueberries and top with the second cake.
- Use the remaining frosting and frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Add your desired amount of blueberries on top.
- Microwave the white bakers chocolate as directed on package and add the blue food coloring.
- Drizzle over top of cake, and Enjoy :0).
- Keep leftovers refrigerated!