Recipe by Newiegirl
I just got this recipe from a cooking magazine which was sent in from a reader. They are fat free, dairy free, egg free, super easy and cheap to make, having only to buy the soup. Delicious spread with butter!
Top Review by jacquiu
this is the easiest scone recipe i've ever used :) here though we don't have pumpkin soup so i used libby's pumpkin instead and it did turn out a little thick so i just added some water. one thing that i did add to it was pumpkin pie spice. it's delicious!
- 709.77 ml self raising flour
- 420 g condensed pumpkin soup (I use 99% fat free)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the flour in a medium bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the soup in and mix with a knife until the dough comes together.
- If the dough is too dry add some water, if it is too sticky add some more flour.
- Turn out onto a floured mat and knead lightly.
- Pat out to 1 inch thickness and use a scone cutter to cut out rounds.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes Serve warm.