Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
A deliciously tempting, easy dark chocolate fudge recipe that can easily be made into truffles as well. Be sure to use SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK ONLY or this recipe will not set up. This is a recipe that was tested in a test kitchen before being published by Good Housekeeping magazine. I have been using it since 1990 without fail.
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- Place both ingredients in a microwave safe 8" x 8" dish.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove (with oven mitts, please) and stir to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Fudge can be removed from refrigerator and stored at room temperature after it has set.
- Once at room temperature you can melon scoop it, roll it in powdered cocoa and chopped nuts, and serve as truffles.
The fudge is delish, however the instructions need tweaking! I followed the recipe exactly, and now I have a wonderful pan of fudge...that I can't get out of the glass dish! When making this, put your ingredients into a microwave safe glass container, like a bowl, follow the directions, then pour into an 8x8 BUTTERED glass dish. Otherwise you end up with a nice pan of fudge that won't come out of the pan! I cooked mine for 3 minutes in an 1100 watt microwave, and it was setting up before I got it into the refrigerator. Like I said, a wonderful recipe...just don't do it all in the 8X8 pan!
Excellent fudge considering the ease and cost of ingredients!!! Making this year tomgive out as our school office gifts. We are giving to 24 people and 4 batches will do it! cutting by the 1/4 lb and putting in bags into cute little Xmas boxes. Thanks for this easy recipe that my entire family loved when I tried it before deciding to use it for little gifts!
Excellent recipe! I added 4 tsp. of raspberry extract, because my husband really loves choc/raspberry flavors together. :)