A deliciously tempting, easy dark chocolate fudge recipe that can easily be made into truffles as well. Be sure to use SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK ONLY or this recipe will not set up. This is a recipe that was tested in a test kitchen before being published by Good Housekeeping magazine. I have been using it since 1990 without fail.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Place both ingredients in a microwave safe 8" x 8" dish.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove (with oven mitts, please) and stir to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Fudge can be removed from refrigerator and stored at room temperature after it has set.
- Once at room temperature you can melon scoop it, roll it in powdered cocoa and chopped nuts, and serve as truffles.