This is actually a recipe of my grandmother's that I have sized down. Her recipe feeds about a dozen people, but now that I am living on my own, the recipe makes way more food than is necessary for the amount of people I need to serve. So I tried sizing it down, and it worked, because there wasn't anything left for leftover. (This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled to meet your families needs.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium mixing bowl, break beef into small chunks.
- Add egg, oatmeal, onion, spices, and ketchup.
- Mix until well blended (you can mix with your hands, but if you prefer not to use that method, a large mixing spoon or rubber spatula will also work just fine).
- Smooth mixture into regular sized bread pan.
- If you like having a sauce on top, smooth some extra ketchup over the top of the uncooked meatloaf (this step is optional).
- Place in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until meat is cooked all the way through.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.