Recipe by JayBee85
This quick, easy and healthy soup tastes absolutey amazing and can be made up and served in 10 minutes flat! hey, it's even loved by "pea haters"...
- 2 small onions or 6 spring onions or 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock (I sometimes just use 2 oxo cubes in water)
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 sprigs mint
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften onions and garlic in butter, doesn't matter how they are chopped! (3-4 minutes).
- Throw in the frozen peas, then the chicken stock, then season - and leave it to simmer (4 minutes).
- Throw in the chopped up fresh mint leaves and let simmer for a bit more (1-2 minutes).
- Pour it all into a blender and add either 2 table spoons of creme fresh or natural yogurt.
- Blend until smooth (1 minute).
- Serve and enjoy! (also tasty when chilled).