Recipe by *Janelle
I discovered this recipe this Christmas and have gotten rave reviews from everyone who has tried it. A whole baking sheet of this stuff seems like a lot but I guarantee you it will disappear! The brown sugar an butter combine to make an almost caramel-like taste. It's super easy and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Toppings are optional as this also tasted delicious plain. * for a lower fat version, use low-fat graham crackers and light margarine
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
What a fast, easy and delicious treat. These would be great for get-togethers, cookie trays, bake sales, or just as a treat for you and your family. I can see why this recipe made it into Lavender Lynn's Top Favorites of 2009 cookbook. Thanks for sharing this gem, Janelle. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Tag Game.
- graham cracker
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (270 g) package milk chocolate chips
- crushed cereal (Oatmeal Crisp is delicious!)
- coconut flakes
- almonds or peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Then place graham crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet. Line them up so that they're touching on all sides, like a grid. (Make sure the baking sheet has sides on it.).
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture evenly over the graham crackers, coating each one evenly.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and evenly sprinkle the milk chocolate chips on top of the graham crackers. Let them melt for 30 sec-1 minute. Then spread them around to coat the graham crackers with chocolate.
- Sprinkle on your desired topping or leave it plain! Crushed cereal not only tastes amazing but also uses up the crumbs in the bottom of the bag :).
- Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate has hardened. To save time, you can also pop it in the freezer.
- To serve, use your muscles and a metal flipper or pizza cutter to break it up into pieces.