Recipe by s'kat
I watched a star in the east slowly rise as I made this chicken one night. It goes together very quickly, especially if you use a mincer for the herbs! Prep time includes standing time.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly,diagonallly
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced gingerroot
- 3 -4 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (about 6-8 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use olive)
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken longways into thin'shreds' (This is easier if chicken is ever so slightly frozen).
- In small bowl lightly beat egg white, then ad cornstarch and wine, mixing until cornstarch is disolved.
- Add chicken and mix well, coating all pieces.
- Let stand at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients, mixing well.
- Heat oil in pan or wok and stir fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon.
- Add onions, ginger and garlic to wok and stir fry about 30 seconds, just until garlic/ginger are fragrant but not browned.
- Return chicken, restir sauce ingredients and add to wok.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is well combined and slightly thickened.
- Turn off heat and splash in a tiny bit of dark sesame oil.
- Serve over rice or udon noodles.
- Accompany with wilted spinach, pickled chinese vegetables or seaweed salad.