Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you plan to prepare a lamb shoulder roast or leg of lamb, here's a good pre-roasting rub which will boost the flavor of the end product. It's essentially a combination of both American and Asian blends. This is enough for a very large roast. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Blend all the rub ingredients.
- Rub this blend all over the roast.
- Allow the roast to sit for a few minutes after applying the rub and prior to roasting.
- Not all the rub will stick to the roast -- that's okay. Just use whatever sticks.
- NOTE: I also like to melt a stick of butter and pour carefully over the roast once it has been seasoned and is in the roaster.