Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
A quick and easy recipe from The Vegetarian Passport by Linda Woolven. Suitable for potlucks and picnics. Time to make does not include refrigeration time.
Top Review by Sweet PQ?
I just love "deviled eggs" and these were no exception. I took the advise of Kayne, and used 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. I reduced the paprika mixed in, by half, and used the remainder to sprinkle on top of the eggs. Perfection! Made for Everyday Holiday Tag-Jan'10.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (shelled and sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1 very small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Optional step:.
- Saute finely chopped onion in the optional oil until tender and soft.
- Main directions:.
- Carefully remove egg yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolk well and add remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Stuff each egg white with mixture and chill.